Moisture barrier primer
INDUFLOOR-IB1250 is a two component epoxy resin with the following
• Solvent free
• Low viscosity
• VOC free
• Moisture barrier
• Water vapour impermeable
• Water and frost resistant
• Resistant to dilute alkalis, acids, aqueous salt solutions and lubricants.
Areas of application
INDUFLOOR-IB1250 is used:
• as a moisture and water vapour barrier primer on damp concrete / bonded cement-based screeds
==> that are to be treated with INDUFLOOR system coatings
==> beneath sports surfaces such as running tracks, artificial turf etc.
==> beneath conventional, classic floor finishes such as PVC, Linoleum, carpet, parquet, tiles etc.
• for producing levelling and scratch coats.
Basis: 2-comp. epoxy resin
Viscosity:approx. ۶۰۰ ± ۸۰ mPA•s at +25° C
Density: approx. 1.09 ± ۰.۰۲ g/cm3
Mixing ratio: ۱۰۰:۵۲ parts by weight
Pot life: approx. 35 mins. at +23° C Application/Substrate
temperature:min. approx. +10° C, max. approx. +35° C
Foot traffic after: min. approx. 12 hours at +23° C
Overcoat after:approx. 12 hours up to a max. 7 days at +۲۳° C/50% RHFully
cured:after approx. 7 days at +23° C Min.
cure temperature: +10° C
Shore ‘D Compressive’: D/82/1 (ASTM D 2240:05)
strength: approx. 68 N/mm2
Adhesion strength:2 N/mm2 (ASTM D 4541:02)
Flexural strength:approx. 60.7 N/mm2 (ASTM C 580)
Tensile strength:36 N/mm2 (ASTM D 412-98a)
Abrasion resistance:106 mg (ASTM D 4060:01)
Water vapour permeability:SD > 50 m
*Full chemical resistance testing results available upon request
Thoroughly clean tools immediately after use with INDU-IB Cleanser.
INDUFLOOR-IB1250 is available in 1 kg, 3 kg, 10 kg, 30 kg and 600 kg containers. Components A and B are delivered at a predetermined mixing ratio.
Storage & Shelf Life:
24 months when stored dry and cool above +10° C in the original unopened packaging.
Concrete and cement-based screeds must be sound, clean, dry or damp and be free from materials that will impair adhesion. Completely remove weak or poorly bonded layers e.g. release agents, old adhesive and levelling compound residues or old surface finishes and paint residues.
INDUFLOOR-IB1250 can be used on the following substrates:
• Concrete slabs and cement-based screeds subjected to negative moisture pressure
• Concrete slabs and cement-based screeds with increased residual moisture*.
Residual moisture in cementitious substrates, dry or damp (in accordance with Def. RiLi SfB)*.
* “Guidelines for the protection and renovation of concrete structures” part 2, clause 1.2.5” concrete moisture.
An approximately 2 cm deep freshly produced cut out area may not, as a result of drying, become visibly lighter. (Where doubt exists the concrete is considered dry when it exhibits equilibrium moisture content for the climate 23/50 i.e. dependent on the concrete classification other absolute values serve for “dry”).
The surface appears matt damp but there must be no shiny film of water. The pore system within the concrete substrate may not be saturated i.e. applied water droplets must be absorbed and the surface must appear matt once again after a short while.
The following criteria are also to be fulfilled dependent on the particular substrate:
• Concrete quality:
• Screed quality:
• Render quality:
• Tensile adhesion strength:
Components A (resin) and B (hardener) are delivered at a predetermined mixing ratio. Tip component B into component A. Ensure that the hardener drains completely from its container. Blend both components together with a suitable mixer at approx. 300 rpm (e.g. drill with paddle). It is important to also stir from the sides and the bottom to ensure that the hardener is evenly dispersed. Stir until the mix is homogenous
(free from streaks); mixing time 3 minutes. The minimum temperature during mixing should be +15° C. Do not use mixed material directly from the packaging.
Decant the material into a clean container and mix through thoroughly once again.
When using the product ensure that it is applied by flooding evenly over the prepared substrate. Irregularities lead to capillary active pores in the cured priming coat and promote the formation of osmosis bubbles. To ensure the pores in the priming coat are fully sealed, apply two coats “wet in wet”. Pore blocking can also be increased through the application of a second layer of a dense smoothing mortar. This smoothing mortar is produced from the priming resin with the addition of quartz sand – see
production of levelling / scratch coats below. When adding aggregates (e.g. quartz sand) ensure that the aggregate is dry and that it is also at a temperature of approx. +15° C.
Production of levelling / scratch coats:
INDUFLOOR-IB1250: ۱.۰ part by weight
Quartz sand: approx. 1.0 part by weight (grade: 0.1 – ۰.۶ or 0.2 – ۰.۷ mm)
INDU-FibreFiller: approx. 2 – ۳ % by weight
The quartz sand is mixed with the already mixed and decanted resin and hardener components. Ensure that the liquid and solid components are evenly blended together.
Method of application / consumption:
Priming: Flood apply INDUFLOOR-IB1250 in one coat ensuring there are no pores. Consumption: approx. 400 – ۶۷۰ g/m2.
• The consumption is based on the water vapour emission value determined e.g. from the calcium chloride method.
• The cleaned and primed area must be overcoated within 12 hours up to a maximum of 7 days at +23° C/50% RH.
• Primer that has not been broadcast with sand may only be walked on with ‘clean’ overshoes. If the following applied coating will be thin and applied with a smooth surface at a thickness < 1.0 mm, then broadcasting with sand can be omitted. Broadcast the second primer layer with quartz sand (grade: e.g. 0.2 – ۰.۷ mm). Consumption: approx. 0.8 – ۱.۰ kg/m2. Once hardened carefully remove all non-bound quartz sand before roller applied or pourable coatings, scratch coatings or screeds are installed.
Levelling / scratch coat:
Firstly prime the floor with INDUFLOOR-IB1250 as described above. The mixed smoothing compound is skim applied in one coat. Consumption of finished smoothing compound: approx. 1.6 kg/m2/mm.
Health & Safety:
Once cured INDUFLOOR-IB1250 is considered harmless. Note: code of practice for handling epoxies distributed by the building industry professional association www.bgbau.de or www.gisbau.de.
• As a rule SCHOMBURG products are supplied in working packs i.e. at a predetermined mixing ratio. With deliveries in large containers, part quantities will need to be weighed using scales. Always thoroughly stir the filled components and only then blend with the second component. This is to be carried out with a suitable rotary mixer e.g. Polyplan/Ronden mixing paddle or similar. In order to exclude mixing errors, decant into a clean container and remix. The mixing speed should be 300 – ۴۰۰ rpm. Ensure that no air is entrained. Higher speeds drag unnecessary air quantities into the product whilst lower speeds do not result in a good blend or require too long a mix time (pot life). The temperature of the components should be at a minimum of +15° C. This is also applicable to any fillers, e.g. sand, to be mixed in. The addition of any fillers is carried out after both liquids have been blended. Afterwards tip the completely mixed material immediately onto the prepared substrate and promptly thoroughly spread in accordance with the instructions in the technical data sheet. Always stir one component products before using.
• The application temperature may not fall below +10° C nor exceed +40° C. • Higher temperatures shorten the pot life. Lower temperatures increase the pot life and curing time. Material consumption is also increased at lower temperatures.
• The bond between the individual coats can be heavily impeded by the influence of moisture or contamination between successive applcations.
• If there is a long time period between coatings or if areas need to be re-coated after a long time period, then the old surface must be well cleaned and thoroughly abraded, after which a completely new pore free sealing coat should be applied. It is not sufficient to simply overcoat.
• Protect surface protective systems from moisture (e.g. rain, melt water) for approx. 4 – ۶ hours after application. Dampness produces a white discolouration and/or stickiness on the surface and can impede the cure. Discoloured and/or sticky surfaces should be taken off e.g. by abrading and renewed.
• Applications that are not clearly explained in this technical data sheet may only be carried out after consultation with and written confirmation from the Technical Services Department of SCHOMBURG.
• Cured product residues are to be disposed of under waste disposal classification AVV 150106.
• INDUFLOOR-IB1250 is also marketed in the US and Canada as VAPORTIGHT-COAT-SG3.