Primer for vertical surfaces, water-vapour-proof
Properties: INDUFLOOR-IB1245 is a low solvent, moisture tolerant, two component epoxy resin with the following properties:
• bonds very well to damp concrete substrates
• water vapour impermeable
Areas of application
INDUFLOOR-IB1245 is used on vertical and “overhead”
• as a primer on matt damp concrete
• as an effective protection against the formation of osmosis blisters where there is exposure to moisture from the rear
• as a special primer for oil contaminated, but previously cleaned concrete substrates.
• Suitable for steam saunas.
Basis: two component epoxy resin
Colour: light grey
Viscosity: approx. 70 seconds in a ۴ mm DIN flowcup
Mixing ratio: 100:12 parts by weight
Density: approx. 1.80 g/cm3 Application/substrate
temperature: min. approx. +8 °C, max. approx. +30 °C
Foot traffic after: min. approx. 12 hrs at +23 °C Overcoat after:approx. 12 – 24 hrs at +23 °C
Fully cured: after approx. 7 day sat +23 °C Min. cure temperature: + 8 °C (slow cure)
Consumption: min. 600 – ۱۰۰۰ g/m2 Tensile adhesion
strength: B 1.5 (concrete) Water vapour
permeability: SD > 50 m Class III according to EN 1504-2
Test report: P 4872-1 Polymer institute, determination of water vapour transmission rate in accordance with DIN EN ISO 7783-1
Cleaning: Immediately after use, clean tools thoroughly with INDU-IB Cleanser and thinners.
Packaging: INDUFLOOR-IB1245 is available in 1 kg, 2.5 kg, 10 kg and 28 kg containers. Components A and B are delivered at a predetermined mixing ratio.
Storage & Shelf Life:
18 months when stored dry above +10 °C in the original unopened packaging.
Substrate preparation: Concrete and cement-based substrates must be sound, clean, dry or damp and be free of materials that will impair adhesion. Completely remove weak or poorly bonded layers e.g. release agents, old adhesive or levelling compound residues and residues of old surface finishes and paint.
INDUFLOOR-IB1245 can be used on the following substrates:
• Concrete slabs and cement-based screeds subjected to negative moisture pressure.
• Concrete slabs and cement-based screeds with increased residual moisture*.
Residual moisture in cementitious substrates, dry or damp (in accordance with Def. RiLi SIB)* * “Guidelines for the protection and renovation of concrete structures” part 2, clause 1.2.5” concrete moisture “dry” An approximately 2cm deep freshly produced cut out area may not, as a result of drying, become visibly lighter. (Where doubt exists, the concrete is considered dry, when it exhibits equilibrium moisture content for the climate 23/50 i.e. dependent on the concrete classification other absolute values serve for “dry”). “damp” The surface appears matt damp but there must be no shiny film of water. The pore system within the concrete substrate may not be saturated i.e. applied water droplets must be absorbed and the surface must appear matt once again after a short while.
Oil contaminated concrete areas:
• Clean, as appropriate, with the cleaning agent INDU-IB OilCleanser.
• Afterwards clean the surface with high pressure water jetting. Remove excess water with a suitable wet vacuum.
• Whilst the substrate is still damp evenly apply INDUFLOOR-IB1245 with a brush or roller.
A continuous film of water may not be present on the surface of the concrete. The substrate may not dry out – if it dries there is a risk that due to continuously rising oil no bond between the special primer and the substrate will be achieved.
Dependent on the condition of the substrate to be treated suitable preparation methods should be used such as scabbling, shot blasting, planing, high pressure water jetting, etc. Furthermore the following minimum requirements are to be fulfilled dependent on the particular substrate:
• Concrete quality: min. C20/25
• Tensile adhesion strength: > 1.5 N/mm2
Oil contaminated substrates are particularly problematic. We recommend that you contact our Technical Services Department.
Components A (resin) and B (hardener) are delivered at a predetermined mixing ratio. Tip component B into component A. Ensure that the hardener drains completely from its container. Blend both components together with a suitable mixer at approx. 300 rpm (e.g. drill with paddle). It is important to also stir from the sides and the bottom to ensure that the hardener is evenly dispersed. Stir until the mix is homogenous
(free from streaks); mixing time 3 minutes. The minimum temperature during mixing should be +15 °C. Do not use mixed material directly from the packaging.
Decant the material into a clean container and mix through thoroughly once again.
Method of application / consumption:
Apply INDUFLOOR-IB1245 to the cleaned substrate, ensuring all pores are sealed.
1) On vertical and overhead surfaces, to ensure an even thickness, it is advantageous to initially evenly roll the INDUFLOOR-IB1245 with a short haired fur roller, followed by brushing it into the substrate with a stiff bristled brush, then backrolling with a short haired fur roller.
Blind the fresh pre-priming coat with quartz sand (grade: 0.5 – ۱.۰ or 0.7 – ۱.۲ mm diameter). Once cured carefully remove all non-bound quartz sand before applying primers in readiness for further coatings.
2) On horizontal surfaces it is advantageous to spread INDUFLOOR-IB1245 evenly with a rubber
squeegee, then work it into pores with a stiff bristled brush, followed by backrolling with a fur roller. Blind the fresh pre-primer with quartz sand (grade: 0.5 – ۱.۰ or 0.7 – ۱.۲ mm diameter). Once cured carefully removed all non-bound quartz sand before applying the primer in readiness for subsequent coatings.
INDUFLOOR-IB1245: depending on the substrate
the consumption is between
min. 600 – ۱۰۰۰ g/m2.
Quartz sand: approx. 1500 g/m2.
After a waiting time of approx. 12 to 24 hours any additional INDUFLOOR coating system, beginning with the appropriate primer or other floor build up, can be applied.
Health & Safety:
Once cured INDUFLOOR-IB1245 is considered harmless. Note: code of practice for handling epoxies distributed by the building industry professional association www.bgbau.de or www.gisbau.de.
• As a rule SCHOMBURG products are supplied in working packs i.e. at a predetermined mixing ratio. With deliveries in large containers, part quantities will need to be weighed using scales. Always thoroughly stir the filled components and only then blend with the second component. This is to be carried out with a suitable rotary mixer e.g. Polyplan/Ronden mixing paddle or similar. In order to exclude mixing errors, decant into a clean container and remix. The mixing speed should be 300 – ۴۰۰ rpm. Ensure that no air is entrained.
Higher speeds drag unnecessary air quantities into the product whilst lower speeds do not result in a good blend or require too long a mix time (pot life). The temperature of the components should be at a minimum of +15° C. This is also applicable to any fillers, e.g. sand, to be mixed in. The addition of any fillers is carried out after both liquids have been blended. Afterwards tip the completely mixed material immediately onto the prepared substrate and promptly thoroughly spread in accordance with the instructions in the technical data sheet. Always stir one component products before using.
• INDUFLOOR-IB1245 should not be applied as a waterproof membrane where preserving agents (propionic acid) are used e.g. silage storage areas, biogas plants.
• The application temperature may not fall below +10° C nor exceed +40° C.
• Higher temperatures shorten the pot life. Lower temperatures increase the pot life and curing time. Material consumption is also increased at lower temperatures.
• To increase the pot life/working time at higher temperatures, store material in a cool environment above +10° C until ready for use. Only expose to warm temperatures just before mixing.
• Protect freshly coated surface from moisture (e.g. rain) for approx. 4 – ۶ hours after application. Dampness produces a white discolouration and/or stickiness on the surface and can impede the curing process. Discoloured and/or sticky surfaces should be taken off e.g. abraded and renewed.
• High temperatures, direct sunlight and drafts can lead to the formation of a skin and impede the necessary granular binding as well as penetration into the substrate.
• When using INDUFLOOR-IB1245 as a vapour barrier beneath conventional floor finishes such as PVC, linoleum, carpet and parquet, do not use a solvent based adhesive. This leads to later bulging in the floor finish installed.
• Protect areas not to be treated by covering.
• Applications that are not clearly explained in this technical data sheet may only be carried out after consultation with and written confirmation from the Technical Services Department of SCHOMBURG.
• Take heed of the technical data sheets for the products mentioned above before starting work.
• Cured product residues are to be disposed of under waste disposal classification AVV 150106