ASO®-Joint-Tape-2000-S Art.-No 2 05939
Special joint tape for highly demanding situations and heavy duty exposure
• Composite material
• Particularly elastic and tear resistant
• Impermeable to water
• Water vapour permeable
• Thin build-up
• UV stabilised
• Temperature resistant from -22° C to +90° C
• Guarantees the quick drying of adhesives and waterproof membranes, which contain water
• Highly resistant to aggressive media
Areas of application:
ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S is used for forming waterproof movement joints and junctions in waterproof membranes such as e.g. SANIFLEX, SANIFIN, AQUAFIN-1K-PREMIUM, AQUAFIN-2K, AQUAFIN-2K/M, AQUAFIN-RS300, ASOFLEX-AKB and ADF-Balkonfolie. ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S is easy to use, vapour permeable and forms an integral bond with the named waterproof membranes.
ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S is suitable for wet duty exposure classes A, B and C in accordance with technical test criteria and for wet duty classifications A0, B0 in accordance with the ZDB data sheet ‘bonded waterproof membranes’ in interior and exterior areas. We recommend its use in wet duty classification areas A0, B0, A, B, C as well as in bathrooms, kitchens, in living accommodation, private and public sanitary facilities, balconies and terraces, swimming pools (pool shell and pool surround), underground car parks, in areas in direct ground contact as well as in structural movement joints.
Basis: composite material fleece-membrane-fleece
Colour: white with SCHOMBURG lettering
Weight: approx. 270 to 340 g/m²
Thickness: approx. 0.45–۰.۶۶ mm
Testing: component of the SANIFIN waterproof system. Fulfills the requirements of the “test principles for the granting of a general technical test certificate for waterproofing materials in combination with tiled finishes, part 2 sheet form bonded waterproof membranes” for the procurement of an abP.MPA Braunschweig test certificate No. P-5078/818/08/MPA BS
Bursting pressure: > 1.5 bar Sd value according to
DIN EN 1931: < 2 m UV resistance to
DIN EN ISO 4892-2: minimum 500 hrs Temperature resistance,
min/max.: -22° C to +90° C Breaking force, longitudinal to
DIN 527-3: > 116 N / 15 mm Breaking force,
transverse to DIN 527-3: > 107 N / 15 mm Elongation, transverse
to DIN 527-3: > 600% Chemical resistance after 7 days storage at +22° C
with the following chemicals: Hydrochloric acid 3%, sulphuric acid 35%, Citric acid 100 g/l, Lactic acid 5%, potassium hydroxide 20%, Sodium hydroxide 0.3 g/l, Salt water 20 g/l (sea salt)
Joint-Tape: Width 12 cm and 20 cm, ± ۳ mm Rolls 20 cm at 25 m and 50 m (up to a cut length / 15 m) Rolls 120 mm at 50 m (up to a cut length / 15 m) each 500 m per box
Wide Section: Width 50 to 100 cm ± ۴ mm (up to a cut section/15 m) on demand. Sales unit 1 m²
Storage: 24 months when stored cool and dry protected from sunlight and weather influences
- ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-crosses for 20 cm tape
- ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-T sections for 20 cm tape
- ASO-Waterproof gasket wall 12 x 12 cm
- ASO-Waterproof gasket floor 45 x 45 cm
- ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S-Wide-Section 50 to 100 cm on request
1. All usual substrates, which are correctly prepared and suitable for use with the installation of waterproof membranes or tiled finishes in the appropriate wet duty classes (ZDB data sheet ‘bonded waterproof membranes’). Fine, non-penetrative cracks on the surface of < 0.1 mm are acceptable. Product application: Joint waterproofing, wall and floor junctions and bay defining movement joints: Using the waterproof membrane, bond ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S or ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S internal/external corners for use in corners, at the transition between wall and floor as well as interface joints to the prepared area without voids or folds. Where structural movement joints/movement joints cross over, ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-T sections or ASO-Joint-Tape-2000 crosses are available, which permit them to be laid in a looped formation at cross over points. Butt joints must be overlapped by 5 to 10 cm. Ensure that a sealed connection to the surrounding waterproof membrane is produced. waterproof membrane to a width of at least 2 cm wider than the waterproof tape, e.g. with a 4 – ۶ mm notched trowel.
2. Then thoroughly work the waterproof tape, without voids or folds, into the waterproof membrane using a steel trowel or pressure roller. Ensure that, as far as possible, a full bed and wetting out is achieved. Bonding must be performed in such as way as to exclude the migration of water behind the waterproof tape.
3. The waterproof tape is to be worked into movement joints as a loop. Overlap butt joints within waterproof tape sections or at interfaces with all waterproof tape pre-formed pieces and corners by a minimum of 5 to 10 cm and bond with the waterproof membrane, without voids or folds. Overcoat with the chosen waterproof membrane. Waterproofing structural movement joints
(safety joint): Work ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S in to the joint as a loop, bond with a suitable waterproof membrane and bed into the waterproofing layer without voids or folds as described above. At cross over points insert ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-T sections as well as ASO-Joint-Tape-2000 crosses.
Where there is water under pressure, additionally insert ASO-SR and bond a further section of ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S using the appropriate waterproofing material and overcoat.
• Follow recognised building technology regulations.
• Remove adhesive strips from the pre-cut sections of the waterproof tape roll as necessary. Overlap at junctions as described in point 3 of product application.
• Joints, which are to be secured with ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S, must be protected from mechanical damage.
• Do not bond or overcoat ASO-Joint-Tape-2000-S with solvent based products.
• Perimeter, bay and structural movement joints are to be brought through or inserted at the designed position and stopped with a suitable material e.g. edging strip.
• Observe the relevant current regulations. E.g. DIN 18157 The BEB information sheets, distributed by the Bundesverband Estrich und Belag e.V. The ZDB information sheets, distributed by the
professional association of the German tile industry:
[*1] “Bonded waterproof membranes”
[*۳] “Movement joints in wall and floor tile finishes”
[*۵] “Ceramic tiles, natural stone and cementbound composite slabs on cement-based floor constructions with insulation”
[*۶] “Ceramic tiles, natural stone and cement-bound composite slabs on heated cement-based floor constructions”