AQUAFIN®-CJ6 Art.-No. 2 07222
Thermoplastic expansive waterstop for waterproofing construction joints
• Simple application
• Rapid and strong expansion
• Self-injecting function into cracks and voids
• Completely dimensionally stable even at high temperatures
• Swelling process inexhaustible, often reversible
• Suitable for fresh water and sea water applications
Areas of application:
AQUAFIN-CJ6 is used for waterproofing the inner side of concrete construction joints in accordance with Building Regulations list A, part 2, serial number 2.53, where there is constant or intermittent exposure to ground water, run-off water and/or surface water. AQUAFIN-CJ6 is suitable for riparian zones.
Construction joints can be sealed watertight to a depth of 8 m. AQUAFIN-CJ6 is suitable for application class A, exposure levels 1 and 2 in accordance with the waterproofing guidelines of the German reinforced concrete commission (*1).
The substrate must be load-bearing, mostly flat and have a closed surface texture. It must be free from gravel pockets, cavities, gaping cracks, dust and be free from adhesion inhibiting substances. Laitance layers are to be removed, mechanically abraded (sand blasted) as necessary. During the application of AQUAFIN-CJ6 the substrate may be matt damp. The formation of puddles is not permitted.
It is essential that there is at least 8 cm coverage of concrete from the side exposed to water. Bond AQUAFIN-CJ6 with a mounting adhesive suitable for waterstops. Completely cover the prepared substrate with the mounting adhesive and press the AQUAFIN-CJ6 into the adhesive until it oozes out from
beneath. Do not begin the concreting process for at least 8 hours after bonding. Waterstop connections can be made by overlapping by 50 mm or by butt jointing. The waterstops must be placed tightly together to prevent gaps. Butt jointed waterstops must be covered by a separate section of waterstop with a 30 mm overlap to both sections.
Basis: TPE (thermoplastic elastomer)
Format: Waterstop profile is quadratic + flexible
Density: approx. 1.25 g/m3
Thickness: 5 mm
Width: 20 mm Start of swelling on
water contact: approx. 6 hours Swelling capacity (demineralised water): approx. 50 % after 2 hrs approx. 460 % after 24 hrs ≥ ۸۵۰ % after 8 days
Expansive pressure: approx. 1.06 N/mm² Water impermeability
– Joint width 0.25 mm: 2 bar
– Joint width 1.0 mm: 1.5 bar
Reaction to fire: class E to DIN EN 13501-1
Packaging: rolls with 40 linear metres = 200 linear metres/carton
Storage: 2 years when stored dry, frost free and protected against weathering
• It is essential to store the waterstop dry.
• Waterstops must lie flat and planar on the concrete. There must be no contaminants beneath the waterstop.
• Protect the waterstop from moisture until the concrete is poured.
• Before commencing the concreting process visually inspect the waterstop. Heavily swollen waterstop tape is unsuitable and must be removed.
• Waterstops are not suitable for movement joints.
• Follow current relevant regulations and data sheets.
Therefore e.g. Guidelines “Water impermeable concrete structures”, German reinforced concrete commission (DafStb) Data sheet “Injection grouting hose systems and expansive inlays for construction joints”, German Concrete and Construction Technology Association.