UNIFIX®-۲K/6 Art.-No. 2 04253
Highly flexible thin-bed adhesive, grey
• Tested to DIN EN 12004, C2 TE S2 and DIN EN 12002
• For interior and exterior use
• Easy application
• High initial bond
• Good sag resistance
• Very high flexibility
• Fulfils the required criteria for a “flexible adhesive”
• Highly deformable
Areas of application:
UNIFIX-2K/6 is used as a thin-bed adhesive for adhering vitrified and earthenware tiles, ceramic with low water absorption ≤ ۰.۵ % (fully vitrified), clinker, mosaic and natural stone that is neither translucent nor sensitive to discolouration. UNIFIX-2K/6 is suitable for securely adhering tiles to all substrates in acc. with DIN 18157, part 1, e. g. concrete, porous concrete, plaster, cement based and calcium sulphate screeds/ heated screeds, brickwork, plasterboard etc. as well as to existing, well bonded tiled finishes.
Furthermore it is suitable as an adhesive for lightweight construction board e. g. of composed of extruded polystyrene and for adhering tiles of SCHOMBURG
waterproofing systems, also in swimming pools. Component of the AQUAFIN-2K, AQUAFIN-2K/M and SANIFLEX waterproof systems.
Technical Data: UNIFIX UNIFLEX-B
Basis: sand/cement liquid plastic
Colour: grey white
Mixing ratio: 6 parts 1 part by weight by weight
Packaging: 25 kg bag 4.17 kg bucket Storage: dry, 12 months frostfree, 12 months In original unopened packaging UNIFIX-2K/6 (combination product)
Mixing time: approx. 3 minutes (drilling maschine 300rpm)
Application Substrate temp : +5 °C to +25 °C
Pot life *): approx. 2 hours
Open time *): approx. 30 minutes
Grout after *): at the earliest 2 days, depending on the absorption of substrate
Traffic after *): after at the earliest 2 days, depending on the absorption of substrate
Cleaning: clean immediately after use with water
Testing: DIN EN 12004/12002
Consumption: approx. 2.40 kg/m2 with a 6 mm notched trowel approx. 3.10 kg/m2 with a 8 mm notched trowel approx. 4.00 kg/m2 with a 10 mm notched trowel
* The values relate to +20 °C and 65 % relative humidity
The substrate must be dry, load-bearing, sufficiently flat and free from continuous cracks and separating substances such as oil, paint, laitance and loose particles. It must have a largely closed surface with a surface condition and strength appropriate to its type. When laying tiles the substrate preparation and application must follow DIN 18157, part 1. Prime porous substrates with ASO-Unigrund. Mechanically abrade anhydrite screeds followed by vacuuming and as with all calcium sulphate bound substrates thoroughly prime with ASO-Unigrund diluted 1:3 with water. Heated screeds must be heated up prior to laying finishes in accordance with recognised technological regulations. The CM-moisture content may not exceed
• Cement-based screed (CT) ≤ ۲.۰% for screeds on insulation or separating layers
• Anhydrite screeds without underfloor heating ≤ ۰.۵ %
• Anhydrite screeds with underfloor heating ≤ ۰.۳ %
Add 4.17 kg of UNIFLEX-B and 4.2 l water in a clean mixing bucket and mix. Add one bag of UNIFIX (25 kg) while stirring (with a slowly revolving drilling maschine) and mix until a knotfree mass develops. Remix again after a maturing time of 3 minutes. Do not mix more adhesive than can be used within the pot life. Spread the mixed adhesive on the substrate and comb through with a suitable notched trowel dependent on tile format. Lay finishing materials within the adhesive open time.
• When fixing natural and synthetic stone, take the specific properties of the product (tendency to discolour, risk of curling) and the manufacturer’s installation recommendations into consideration. We recommend that a trial area is fixed.
• To avoid curling effects through water absorption, we recommend that when fixing agglomerate/synthetic stone, ASODUR-EK98 is used.
• Follow the current ZDB data sheets distributed by the German Professional Tiling Association especially when installing tiles to calcium sulphate based substrates or heated constructions.
• In order to avoid ettringite formation with calcium sulphate based UNIFIX-AEK is suited for fixing on to these substrates with up to residual moisture content of 1 % on heated construction or 1.5 % on unheated constructions.
• When laying tiles in heavy duty exterior areas (balconies and terraces) install the highly elastic bonded waterproofing system AQUAFIN-2K/M and UNIFLIX-2K.
• UNIFX-2K/6 is a hydraulically setting adhesive and should be protected from the influences of water and frost until fully cured which may take a few days under unfavourable weather conditions.
• Protect areas not to be treated from the effects of UNIFIX-2K/6.
• Low chromate.
• Observe the relevant current regulations. E.g.
The BEB information sheets, distributed by the Bundesverband Estrich und Belag e.V. The technical information “coordination of cut out points in heated floor constructions”. The ZDB information sheets, distributed by the professional association of the German tile industry:
[*1] “Bonded waterproof membranes”
[*۲] “Tiling to calcium sulphate screeds”
[*۳] “Movement joints in wall and floor tile finishes”
[*۴] “Heavy duty ceramic floor finishes”
[*۵] “Ceramic tiles, natural stone and cementbound composite slabs on cement-based floor constructions with insulation”
[*۶] “Ceramic tiles, natural stone and cement-bound composite slabs on heated cement-based floor constructions”
[*۷] “Finishes in exterior areas”
[*۸] “Finishes on poured asphalt”
[*۹] “Tolerances in level”
[*۱۱] “Cleaning, protecting, maintenance”
[*۱۲] “Swimming pool construction”
Please observe a current valid
EU Health & Safety Data Sheet.
Component A UNIFIX GISCODE: ZP 1
Component B UNIFLEX-B GISCODE: D1