HF05-Brillantfuge Art.-No. 2 05555
High strength, flexible cement-based grout
• High strength, cement-based grout.
• Fulfils the requirements of EN 13888, CG2.
• Increased abrasion resistance.
• Water repellent.
• Resistant to freeze/thaw cycles.
• Mould resistant.
• Resistant to high pressure cleaning.
• For interior, exterior and under water.
• Polymer modified.
• For joints from 3 – ۲۰ mm wide.
• Vapour permeable.
• Good application and wash-off properties.
• Suitable for floor and wall heating.
• Colourways matched to the ESCOSIL-2000 silicone system.
HF05-Brillantfuge is suitable for grouting fully vitrified, vitrified, brick tiles, tile slips, floor clinker etc. The strength of the tiles to be grouted must be greater than that of HF05-Brillantfuge. Due to its high mechanical performance and abrasion resistance, HF05-Brillantfuge is especially suitable for grouting tiles in swimming pools, washing plants, commercial kitchens, sales rooms, commercial areas, industrial areas and workshops. Furthermore HF05- Brillantfuge can be used on heated and flow screeds in bathrooms, showers and living rooms, on terraces, balconies and loggia as well as facades. HF05-Brillantfuge can be used in heavy-duty areas e.g. where cleaning equipment, high pressure steam cleaning or scouring vacuums are present. Furthermore the dense grout joints give increased resistance to cleaning chemicals. Neutral or alkaline cleaners can be used unrestricted. Compared to conventional cementbased grouts, HF05 Brillantfuge has increased resistance to acidic cleaners. HF05-Brillantfuge is furthermore suitable for grouting natural stone, should the specific product properties of the natural stone material permit it without discolouration/picture framing e.g. via the stone’s components. We recommend CRISTALLFUGE PLUS for grouting natural stone. For grouting tiles in walls in living areas we recommend ASO-Fugenbunt.
Base: cement, mineral aggregates, high quality additives and pigments
Colour: cement grey, mid grey (Colour illustration – see table on the last page) Surface/ application temperature: +5° C to +25° C
Pot life *): 30 – ۴۵ minutes
Packaging: 25 kg bags
Joint width: 3 to 20 mm
Traffickable *): after approx. 6 hours
Fully cured *): 7 days at the earliest
Compressive strength *): ≥ ۱۵ N/m2 according to DIN EN 12808-2
Flexural strength *): ≥ ۲.۵ N/mm2 according to DIN EN 12808-2 Storage: Dry, 12 months in original unopened packaging. Use opened packaging immediately.
Water demand: approx. 4.1 – ۴.۵ l/25 kg HF05-Brillantfuge
Consumption: see table on page 2
Cleaning: with water in the fresh state
Wet mortar density: approx. 2.1 kg/dm3
* The values given relate to +23° C and 50% relative humidity
Once the adhesive has sufficiently set adequately rake out the joints. Subsequently wet-clean the tile surface. The adhesive bed must be fully set because discolouration may appear. Pre-wet strongly porous surfaces uniformly with water. Joints must be clean and free from separating media. The time at which grouting may commence depends on the adhesive used and is from 3 to 72 hours. Mortar beds used in sand: cement fixing must be sufficiently set and uniformly dry. Do not grout surfaces with differing surface temperatures (e.g. in direct sunlight).
The consistency of the grout is to be adjusted dependant on the porosity of the cladding material and the background.
1. Mix HF05-Brillantfuge with clean water in a clean container. Provide approx. 4.1 – ۴.۵ litres water dependant on the desired consistency. Add 25 kg HF05-Brillantfuge and mix with a paddle (approx. 500 rpm) to a smooth paste. In order to disperse all components thoroughly mix HF05-Brillantfuge for
approx. 3 minutes. Leave to stand for 3 minutes, then re-stir. Do not mix more material than can be used within 30 – ۴۵ minutes*). To avoid colour variation
keep to the same mix ratio.
2. Work the HF05-Brillantfuge into the wall and floor area with a grout float under light pressure and strike off cleanly diagonally to the joint so that the grout profile is completely filled.
3. Once the grout has begun to set (check with a finger test, approx. 15 – ۲۰* mins) wash the joint contours with a dampened sponge board. After a further 15 – ۳۰ minutes wash clean with the sponge board.
4. Keep movement joints free for elastic jointing with ESCOSIL-2000 or ESCOSIL-2000-UW. Rake out mortar residues and wash off with a rung-out damp sponge.
Wash-off any remaining mortar film with the sponge board and clean water after a few hours. Do not use dry cloths to clean as there is a risk of discolouration as the dried-on grout may be rubbed into the still damp joints. Protect the fresh joints from influences detrimental to setting such as high temperatures, wind, rain or frost. In adverse weather conditions (low humidity, draught, wind) and with strongly porous ceramic bodies the optimum setting of the grout can be assisted by posttreating the grout profile with clean water (re-wetting with the sponge board). Frequently replace the wash-off water with fresh water. Where ceramic tiles have profiled, rough or unglazed surfaces or where surfaces are porous, or with rustic natural stone as well as profiled fully vitrified tiles that have surface micro-pores in varying magnitude, it is recommended that a trial area is carried out (possibly lightly pre-wet the surface or seal before grouting) in order to determine the ability to completely wash-off cement and pigment residues. The timing for wash-off is dependant on the type of tile and the prevailing climate. Smooth the surface after an appropriate waiting time without washing out the grout.
• Do not add further water or fresh mortar to HF05- Brillantfuge that has already started to stiffen in order to re-life the product. There is an increased risk of
discolouration and of reduced strength development!
• For regular maintenance and cleaning of the grouted surface we recommend the use of neutral or alkaline cleaning materials in the prescribed application
concentrations. Rinse the surface with clean water
• High pressure and steam cleaning jets are comprehensive and should only be used within the necessary scope of cleaning.
• When using acidic cleaners the relevant regulations should be observed. Pre-wet the joints, subsequently apply the cleaning material in the prescribed concentration. Keep the activity time of the cleaner to a minimum. Wash-off with plenty of clean water afterwards.
• Under heavier duty chemical conditions, in particular frequent or lengthy activity of acidic materials, use the highly durable 2 component epoxy resin grout ASODUR-EK98 or ASODUR-Design.
• Do not powder and remove with dry material. Increased risk of discolouration exits due to inadequate dissociation of the component parts.
• Adequate dampness should be provided for optimum hydration of the cement. This is particularly relevant for non-porous tiles because no storage effect is expected here.
• Observe the setting times of adhesives and mortar.Colour discolouration may occur by grouting to early.
• Sand: cement mortars with unwashed, additives prone to discolouration (e.g. with clay components) or substances prone to discolouration, from adjacent
building products, can lead to patchiness.
• Irregular dampness penetration, caused by the subconstruction, mortar bed, temperature variations or floor coverings, can lead to colour differences in
the grout lines, which do not effect the quality of the grout and which will with favourable environmental conditions increasingly even themselves out. No guarantee against shade variations!
• Use material from the same batch number within a room.
• Protect the joints from rapid drying out in draughts and strong sunlight possibly by hanging polythene sheets (polythene may not directly touch the tiled finish) or repeated wetting of the joints!
• Protect grouting until hardened from rain and frost!
• Before grouting, stop perimeter and intermediate movement joints with RD-SK50 edging strips to prevent mortar ingress.
• Movement and connecting joints between tile bays, interruptions and pipe outlets as well as perimeter and movement joints should be sealed with an elastic material such as
ESCOSIL-2000, ESCOSIL-2000-ST or ESCOSIL-2000-UW dependant on application.
• The use of HF05-Brillantfuge does not replace waterproofing measures.
• Watch for uniform absorption of the background and the tile edges.
• Thoroughly clean the background before commencing grouting.
• Only use clean water and tools.
• Refer to the specific product properties when laying natural stone and synthetic stone (tendency to discolour). When doubt exists carry out a grout trial. We recommend grouting natural stone with CRISTALLFUGE PLUS.
• Protect areas not to be treated with HF05-Brillantfuge.
Please observe valid EU-safety data sheet.