ASOCRET-KS/HB Art.-No. 2 05550
Mineral-based corrosion protection and bonding coat
• Resistant to saponification
• Resistant to frost and de-icing salts
• Very easy to use even on vertical and “overhead” areas.
Areas of application:
ASOCRET-KS/HB is used for protecting steel reinforcement against corrosion during concrete restoration work and also as a bonding coat onto concrete and mortar substrates. ASOCRET-KS/HB is a component of the concrete restoration system with the product ASOCRET-BIS-5/40.
Basis: Factory blended mortar
Grain size: up to 0.5 mm
Bulk density: approx. 1.6 kg/dm3
Material consumption: approx. 1.6 kg/m²/mm
Pot life*: approx. 60 minutes Application/ substrate temperature: +5 °C to +30 °C
Tensile adhesion strength: > 1.5 N/mm²
Cleaning: Clean tools with water immediately after use.
Packaging: 6 kg and 25 kg bag
Storage: cool and dry, 12 months in the original unopened packaging Use opened packaging promtly. *) At +23°C and 50% relative humidity. The weather and site conditions may lengthen or shorten the given data.
Cement-based surfaces must be solid, have a good grip and be load-bearing, free from cement laitance, loose parts as well as adhesion reducing materials such as release agents, dust, laitance layers etc. Dependent on the project, substrate treatment is to be carried out, e.g. grit, shot or high pressure water blasting (500–۲۰۰۰ bar), scabbling or planing. The prepared substrate must possess an open pored surface structure.
Minimum age of
the concrete substrate: 28 days Tensile adhesion strength of
the concrete substrate: min. 1.5 N/mm² The exposed reinforcing steel must be cleaned to standard purity grade SA 2.5 using suitable measures and be free from rust, dust and grease. Adequately pre-wet the treated substrate 24 hours as well as 2 hours before mortar application and the substrate must be matt damp at the time the mortar is applied.
· Bonding coat: approx. 6.75–۷.۰۰ l/25 kg or 1.60–۱.۷۰ l/6 kg
· Corrosion protection: approx. 5.50–۵.۷۵ l/25 kg or 1.30–۱.۴۰ l/6 kg
Place clean water into a clean mixing bucket – dependent on the desired consistency – and mix with as much dry powder as is necessary to achieve a
lump-free, smooth paste using a mechanical mixer (drill with paddle approx. 300–۷۰۰ rpm). The mixing time is approx. 2–۳ minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes then mix once again. Only mix as much material as can be used within max. 60 minutes.
Method of application
– Corrosion protection: Evenly apply two coats of ASOCRET-KS/HB to the de-rusted steel reinforcement using a paint brush. The steel reinforcement may be damp. The second layer can be applied after waiting for at least 6 hours, as soon as the first layer is brush proof. After allowing the
second coat to harden for approx. 6 hours, the repair mortar ASOCRET-BIS-5/40 can be applied.
– Bonding coat:
ASOCRET-KS/HB is brushed in a single application to fully cover the area using a hard brush deep into the pores of the prepared substrate. The following layer of the repair mortar ASOCRET-BIS-5/40 must be applied whilst the bonding coat is still wet. Where work is interrupted or the material hardens, then the bonding coat must be allowed to fully harden. Afterwards repeat the application inclusive of bonding coat once an appropriate time has elapsed.
• Prior to implementing any concrete restoration measures the actual condition should generally be assessed by an authorised expert and/or a Structural Engineer. The inspection protocol is to be given to the contractor before the commencement of the restoration works.
• Protect areas not being treated from the effects of ASOCRET-KS/HB.
• Do not add additional water or powder to material that has begun to stiffen in an attempt to restore the original consistency. There is a risk of inadequate strength development.
• Applications that are not clearly explained in this technical data sheet may only be carried out after consultation with and written confirmation from the Technical Services Department of SCHOMBURG.
Please observe a current valid EU
Health & Safety data sheet.