Polygum Primer – B Type
Synthesized fast curing primer
Primer Type B is a homogenous solution based on Chlorinated rubber, additives and solvents. It can be used as topcoat with very low thickness, because of its glossy appearance
- Fast curing
- Excellent resistance against water permeation
- Resistant to acids, alkalis and salts
- Resistant to corrosive agents at metal and concrete
- Resistant to microorganisms attacks
- Corrosion protective
- Provides excellent adhesion between Enamel and metal or concrete
- Non-toxic and contamination-free
- Ready to use
Primer Type B is a fast-cure primer used to level the surface and increase the adhesion between protective coatings and substrates.
- It can be used as a primer for bitumen rubber sealants and bitumen tapes.
|Solid content||20 %|
|Recommended film thickness||20-60 µm|
|Theoretical coverage||0/1-0/3 kg/m2|
|Curing method||Solvent evaporation|
|Packaging||200/25/20/5 lit drum|
|Dust free time||15 min|
|Post curing time||2 hours|
|Full curing time||8 hours|
|Over coating interval||4 hours|
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free of any loose particles.
Steel substrates should be sand blasted to SA2. For immersion conditions SA2 ½ is recommended. Dust of sand blasting is removed, then paint is applied immediately.
Primer Type B is ready to use and there is no need to dilution before application. It is applied by rollers, manual brushes or spray. Small damaged or unpainted area can be coated with brushes. Using suitable ventilation is necessary while paint application is done in close places.
12 months, in unopened package & protect from direct sun light at (5-30) ºc