Glass flake Epoxy Coating
PFEP-2109 is a two component epoxy coating with high solid content as a barrier coating which has been reinforced with glass flake filler. This product with high adhesion to metal, concrete and epoxy and polyurethane systems, as well as high chemical resistance, can be used as intermediate layer, topcoat or directly (without primer)on concrete and steel surfaces and can be used to protect of metal and concrete surfaces.
- Thermal resistance more than +80 ⁰C
- Great chemical resistance
- Great mechanical resistance
- Excellent resistance against permeating materials: water, acid, salt solution and other corrosive materials
- Easy application
- Low sensitivity to relative humidity and weather conditions
- Main usage:
- Protection of internal/external surfaces of steel and concrete structures against corrosive materials.
- Protection of steel and offshore structures in harsh environments
- Internal coating of concrete wastewater pipelines.
- Physical properties:
|Mixing Ratio by weight||A:B =4.3 : 1|
|Mixing Ratio by volume||A:B=2.8 : 1|
|Solid content (A+B)||100%|
|Density (A+B)||1.53±۰.۱ g/cm3|
|Recommended dry film thickness||More than 300 µ|
|Theoretical* coverage||0.46 kg/m2|
|Curing method||chemical reaction|
|Glass flake grain size||Less than 150 µ|
|Packaging||A: 17.2 Kg
B: 4 Kg
* No material loss is considered in theoretical coverage calculation.
|Tack free time||2 hours|
|Post curing time||4 hours|
|Full curing time||7 days|
|Over coating interval||24 hours|
- Application Guide:
- Surface preparation:
All surfaces must be dry and free from contaminants, grease, dust and any loose particles and Organisms. Chemical preparation or sand blasting can be used for removing contaminations of concrete surfaces. Damaged concrete must be repaired. Metal surfaces must be prepared up to Sa2½ grade.
- Ambient conditions:
Ambient temperature should be in range +10°C to +50°C and relative humidity must be less than 85% during application.
After surface preparation, two components should be thoroughly mixed using a suitable mixer with given ratio (According to packing) until a homogenous solution is achieved.
PFEP-2109 is applied using ordinary or airless spray and brush. It can be diluted and viscosity of mixture is reduced by adding T-950 Epoxy thinner up to max. 50% if necessary.
All tools should be washed with T-950 thinner after the application.
It is recommended to use PFEP-2168 concrete primer for dry surfaces, or INDUFLOOR-IB1240 for wet surfaces after surface preparation and subsequently, PFEP-2235 Epoxy putty or PFEP-2235 putty and after this layers, PFEP-2109 can be applied.
12 months, in unopened package & protect from direct sun light at (+5 to +40) ºC