• chloride free
• solvent free
• for interior and exterior use
Areas of application:
OC17 is used to accelerate concrete hardening and is therefore suitable for concrete works in temperate climates and during the winter season. It can also be used for achieving high early strength concrete, masonry mortars and screeds.
Basis: inorganic salts
Density: 1.43 g/cm3 at +25° C
Packaging: 5 kg cans
Processing Temp.: -10 °C to +25 °C
Storage: Cool and dry, 24 months in the original unopened packaging. Use opened packaging promptly.
Concrete: max. 1 % of cement content (approx. 250 g per 25 kg cement)
Cementitious mortar: max. 2 % of cement content (approx. 500 g per 25 kg cement)
OC17 may be added to the gauging water at the appropriate dosage or with the aggregate into the mixer at the same time.
The regulations for use in the winter are to be strictly observed. In order to obtain the best possible results with the antifreeze agent the following should
be exactly regarded:
• The use of faultless aggregates is taken for granted. Do not use frozen building materials. Suitability tests, conforming to valid guidlines and the requirements of the particular are of use, are to be carried out.
• The product contains Calcium Nitrate. For use in reinforced or pre-stressed concrete please refer to local standards and/or regulations.
Contains substances to EN 934-1:2008
Annex A.2: calcium nitrate.
• The use of this type of admixture – regardless of brand name – does not replace existing regulations in winter. The additive is not permitted with reinforced or pre-stressed concrete in accordance with DIN EN 206-1/ DIN 1045-2.
• The exterior temperature must not fall below -10 °C during installation of the concrete or mortar.
• The temperature of the aggregates (water and cement) should always be greater than +2 °C. If necessary, hot gauging water should be used. The temperature of the fresh concrete must not be below +5 °C
• Choose a water cement ratio as low as possible in order to keep the percentage of water to a minimum.
• After the addition of OC17 the cement hydration process is accelerated. Therefore long transport distances and small transport containers are to be avoided. Immediately after pouring the concrete or mortar is to be protected with straw mats, plastic sheets etc. to avoid the heat from escaping too quickly.
• The acceleration of the binder depends on the formulation and must be determined by appropriate preliminary tests, in order to avoid an overly quick
Please adhere to valid European Materials Safety Data
Art.-No. 2 05502