This material has been designed in order to repair damaged parts of pipeline coatings or holidays and …, and/or as protective coating on valves, elbows or other substrates which are difficult to coat because of complicated shape. Polypipe-BG102 is capable to permeate to surface pores, therefore obtains a great adhesion on steel surfaces.
- 100% solid, without VOC
- Resistant against diluted alkalis, petroleum products, salts and water, and solutions
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Very low permeability
- Easy application process and convenient repairing
- Excellent adhesion and hardness on steel substrates
- Resistant to puncture, impact and abrasion
- No need to primer
Main uses :
- Protective coating for buried or exposed pipelines
- Coating of valves and cut backs
- Repairing polyurethane fast cure pipeline coating
- Coating of substrates which are difficult to coat by spraying process
- Coating of equipment in power plants, petrochemical units and refineries
Application guide direction
- Surface treatment :
Surface should be completely clean, dry and free from contaminants like grease, rust and/or corrosion products. Surface treatment should include blast cleaning to a minimum of 65 microns anchor profile or Sa2. It is recommended that blasting be followed by blowing compressed dry air in order to remove dusts.
During blasting operation and coating application, the substrate temperature should be 3˚C more than dew point. High relative humidity may affect adhesion negatively. So maximum allowed relative humidity would be 85%. The substrate must be coated max in 8 hours after sand blasting, if not, the surface preparation process must be done again.
Prior to application, B-component should be added to A-component and the mixture should be mixed until forming a homogeneous uniform liquid. Polypipe-BG102 is 100% solid material, so no solvent should be added to it during application process.
Polypipe-BG102 can be applied by brush, roller or spatula.
24 months in factory delivered, unopened containers. Keep away from extreme heat, freezing, moisture and continuous exposure to sunshine in long time.
This product may cause allergic problems if contacted with skin or inhaled. Special clothes, masks and gloves should be utilized during spraying process. Protective creams and glosses should be used in order to protect skin and eyes, respectively.
Conformity to EN 10290